Saturday 15 September 2012

DIY Custom Shorts....

Hi all,

after being off work poorly yesterday *sob sob* I was a little stuck with what to do with myself. I remembered I had bought some little metal studs to customise some clothes but hadnt had a chance to give it a go.

example of studs used from google images

I figured it would be the perfect opportunity as because I was housebound and had little energy to move from the sofa with my Lemsip I might actually give it a good go!

I dug out some denim shorts from Primark that I bought for my holidays, at £5 I thought if I made a terrible job at least I wouldnt have wasted too much money.

After placing a few studs along the front small pocket I decided it was quite easy so challenged myself to something a little bigger. I went for a cross on the back pocket as I am loving all of the studded items like this in TopShop, Urban Outfitters etc.




All in all I found this quite therapeutic and fairly easy, although I need to think up some other patterns! I think they will be nice for my holiday and then for autumn with tights and boots! So if you see a crazy lady walking round Newcastle with studded items of clothing head to foot its probably me. My next project is a pair of black boots when I am feeling brave enough!

Do any of you like customising clothes, shoes etc? What do you find works well?

No comments:

Post a Comment